Monday 31 December 2012

Mrs Claus

Just before christmas I saw an article about Miguel Endara and how he created a photo realistic image of a homeless man using the stippling technique. The stippling technique is creating an image made entirely from dots. I had seen some of Miguel's other stippling work in the past and always wanted to try it. After seeing his latest piece I decided to give it a try.

I knew that it was going to take a long time to do so I had to choose something that I didn't mind looking at for a long time. I chose my beautiful girlfriend Ruth d'Andilly-Clune.

Ruth wearing a loverly santa hat, to show it was around christmas.


After taking the photograph of which I was going to work from I started the template of my drawing.




I started out with a pencil line template, I then started stippling Ruth.





The finished piece my Mrs Claus



Here's a few beauty shots of the piece taken by Ruth d'Andilly-Clune







And here's the piece next to the photograph...










No comments:

Post a Comment